The school of Computing uses OpenVPN
If you have an account on the CS domain, you may access campus resources through our VPN server.
Run OpenVPN GUI as administrator This is required or your connection will not work.
- Right click the icon in the system tray and click connect
- Enter your CS username and Password
- If you have problems try again running the program as administrator
Download and install Tunnelblick from https://tunnelblick.net/ or use your favorite OpenVPN client
Download the .opvn file firewall-UDP4-1194-viscosity-config.ovpn
- Double-click the .ovpn file. This will add the configuration to Tunnelblick.
- Connect or disconnect using the icon running on the right side of the menu bar.
Note: I got an error that this may not work in future versions ..., but it does work. (2018-08-01)
Download firewall-UDP4-1194-config S18.ovpn
- Follow the instructions for your distribution
Symptom: Your connection yo-yo's up and down every 60 seconds.
Fix: You are connected to the VPN with two computers using the same account. Disconnect from the VPN on one of your computers.