Give em the Pickle
Give ‘em the Pickle! (form attached)
- The ‘Give ‘em the Pickle’ reimbursement form is attached for your convenience. Print and fill out the form, and then turn it into the cashier in Wright Hall for reimbursement. This is a once-a-year $25 reimbursement per employee. (The form attached is a double form. Cut and share the other half with a co-worker and encourage their participation in identifying a student in need.)
- This is Southern’s customer service hospitality initiative to benefit our students. This gives you the opportunity to HELP a student out by giving them a one-time ‘PICKLE GIFT’ of $25.00. With this program, we are able to collectively show our students that we care in a number of ways. Let’s help alleviate some stress by taking care of a parking ticket or giving a ‘PICKLE TICKET’ towards an emergency that was unforeseen. Southern needs to show some ‘PICKLE LOVE.’
- Examples of how the funds are being used:
- Student had a flat tire on a trip to Southern and was short funds.
- Helped student with gas money
- Helped student with grocery money
- A student worker’s grandfather passed away, so the employee bought a sympathy card and gift to help them through that difficult time.
- An employee purchased a bilingual bible for an ESL student who is not a Christian