Access and Card Encoding Information
In an effort to provide updated information to staff and student regarding changes and procedures for obtaining access to university properties, the following information is being provided.
Send an authorized access request to email@example.com .
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail with further instructions after the access has been completely programmed. Please do not send staff or students to get their ID card encoded until you have received the confirmation e-mail that the access has been completely programmed and the access/ID card is ready to be encoded.
- Follow instructions in the confirmation e-mail on when and where to get your access/ID card encoded.
Information to include in each access request:
- First name.
- Last name.
- ID number.
- Five digit number from the back side of the access/ID card.
- Building name.
- List each door number the person is to have access into.
Card encoding locations:
- Campus Card desk. During regular business hours.
- Plant Services. During regular business hours.
- Access e-mails are read and processed during normal business hours. Access requests sent after business hours, on weekends, or holidays, will not be read or processed until the next normal business day. Please send access request one to two normal business days in advance to allow adequate time for processing and programming.
- With the five digit number, from the back side of the ID card, we can remotely program access without the staff member or student having to go to any office. We are just offering this as a new available service when requesting access. Without the five digit number, the staff member or student will need come to the Plant Services Department to have the five digit number manually entered into the access database.
- Please do not send staff or students to get their ID card encoded until you have received the confirmation e-mail that the access has been completely programmed and the access/ID card is ready to be encoded.
Please submit access questions, suggestions, and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Don Hart Access Manager Plant Services