|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
|It seems that they might be limiting us to one download per IP. Kentric got the following to work:||It seems that they might be limiting us to one download per IP. Kendric got the following to work:|
Lab 08 - Network and Vulnerability Scanning
The purpose of this lab is to introduce you to NMAP and OpenVAS on kali.
- Use NMAP to scan each of the computers to determine open ports.
- Use OpenVAS to scan all computers on your network - including Windows.
You need GUI access to your Kali machine, and all your machines must be on.
- Report all open ports using NMAP.
Download and install OpenVAS on your Kali machine. Why it's not already there? I'm not sure.
- I also had problems with this step because updates were not happening correctly.
- The fix was simple: http.kali.org always used the archive-7.kali.org mirror, so I changed it to be hard coded in /etc/apt/sources.list to use archive-6.kali.org. Hopefully next year this will be fixed.
- Show the NMAP output reports nicely organized - pick a tool.
- Show Greenbone Working by showing an OpenVAS scan of all your computers.
In 2021, we had problems getting files to sync.
It seems that they might be limiting us to one download per IP. Kendric got the following to work:
sudo apt install rsync sudo greenbone-scapdata-sync --refresh