The NAUI terms - different than what I learned in NASDS
Note for computer users record only:
- Safety Stop
- (A)MDT - (Adjusted) Maximum Dive Time
- ADT - Actual Dive Time
- D - Depth
- PD/PD+ - Precautionary Depth stop/+ means deep stop. I.e. rule of halves 1.5-3 minutes at half max depth.
- RNT - Residual Nitrogen Time.
- SAC - Surface Air Consumption
- SIT - Surface Interval Time
- TNT - Total Nitrogen Time
- DCS - Decompression sickness (Bends)
Nitrox Related Terms
- EAD - Equivalent Air Depth
MOD - Maximum operating depth solves equation 1 below for Depth, Best Mix would give a depth and solve for .
- ATA - Atmospheres absolute (think French) 1 bar = .986923 atm OR 1 bar=1 atm, and 10 M = 1 ATM. ATA = Depth / 33 + 1.
CNS - Central Nervous system oxygen toxicity. Plan , and never let
- PT - Pulmonary Toxicity is not a concern for recreational divers.
- ConVENTID - Convulsions, Visual, Ears, Nausea, Twitching, Tingling, Dizziness, Dyspenea
Henry's Lay states: That is, the level of in-gassing you will incur is directly proportional to your depth.